The pencil boxes belonged to Daniel and Thomas Sullivan,and they were used by them when they attended the U. S. Grant school which stood approximally 2 1/2 miles west of Baileyville during the earley the early part of 1890. The school or its remains is no longer evident as the land on which it stood reverted back to the land owner who is now Fred Haug and is now incorporated into a farmland field.
The letter with this information is in the top drawer of the file cabinet under research, file #10
|Title||Two wooden pencil boxes with slidng lids.|
|Collection||Nemaha County Schools|
|Source||Found in Museum|