Main Street looking east on south side of present Harsh corner to A&P store Seneca in 1870 .
Note the chimney of the old Smith Hotel on present A&P corner, now located north side of Main, 2nd house from corner in 700 block. The two story brick is the old building Edward Taylor removed for the new drug store. Pete Assenmacher’s Saloon was location last occupied by Charley Miller as a shoe shop. Abijah Wells office was over the saloon and council meetings were held there.
Left: Same view 94 years later (1964)
|Collection||Seneca Historic Photos|
|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
|Title||Main Street Seneca|
|Source||Ingalls, Ray Collection|